Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does 2013 work with 2012 or 2011

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
kevinxd_1
220 Views, 5 Replies

Does 2013 work with 2012 or 2011

What im trying to figure out is that if I were to build something on 2013 in my house would it work on school computers that are running Inventor Pro 2011 or 2012. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Martin_Goodland
in reply to: kevinxd_1

No it would not, once a file is saved in a newer release you can not go backwards.

Regards

Martin

Inventor 2023
Message 3 of 6
kevinxd_1
in reply to: Martin_Goodland

What if i where to start in an older version, would i be able to edit the file in a newer version ?

Message 4 of 6
pcrawley

You can create the model in the older versions (2011 / 2012) and then edit it in 2013 - but once you have saved it in 2013, there's no going back.

Peter
Message 5 of 6
BLHDrafting

Yes, you can open and edit an older file type in a newer Inventor version. But saving the file in the newer version will migrate (update) it to the newer version. Saving to a neutral file format like STEP will help with this but you will lose modelling data (extrusions and such).

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)
Message 6 of 6

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" /> One the dataset has been opened and saved in a newer version it can not be opened again in the older version that it originally created. This mainly due to the way in which the data for the new features/tool in the new version save or crate additional data that can not be interoperated/understood by an older version
==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report