Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document management and Project Files

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Winks87
369 Views, 1 Reply

Document management and Project Files

We are currently working with a doc. mangm't. group that is cutomizing some software to work with managing eng.files (autocad/Inventor) along with purchasing, sales etc...  Question: to those of you using doc. management software other than the vault, do you still need to use a Vault style Project?  If your software is sql based, does this imply a Vault style project?  The group putting this together for us is trying to learn how inventor works, hence the general question to the masses.  On top of that, I am currently installing/configuring Inv. Product Suite 2013 (love it so far) and am debating on the type of Project to use.  Not much legacy data to manage, I'm not tied to an existing configuration.  Any input/suggestions would be welcome.

James Winkler
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Cadmanto
in reply to: Winks87

I have seen a presentation of Smart team and while I was not using Inventor at the time (rather Solidworks) we were told that this file management software could handle any other types.  So one could assume that it would handle Inventor files.  I have also see Desault systems EPDM which both of these interface/network with purchasing and other departments along with the engineering files.  I currently use the vault workgroup and have been told that the vault professional is similar to EPDM.  I have not see it in action, so I can only go on their word.

I don't know if this info is useful to you, but I would take a look and maybe outline what it is exactly you and your company are looking to accomplish and then find the software that best fits that need within the cost constraints you are given.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report