Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

display model sketch in part drawing

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
WESKUEHL1641
9163 Views, 10 Replies

display model sketch in part drawing

How can I display a sketch or projected geometry that is not a closed loop in a ipt drawing? Historically I have to use a closed loop and emboss in order to display the geometry in a drawing.   Then move that forward to a DXF file for its intended use.  I think there should be a way to just have lines placed on the model and display it on a drawing without it having to be a feature.  Can this be done?

Wes

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
JDMather
in reply to: WESKUEHL1641

Have you tried this

Get Model Sketches.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 11
JDMather
in reply to: JDMather

In this example I retrieved a sketch with a single line in the sketch.

Retrieved Sketch.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 11
WESKUEHL1641

Well I tried that but still have 2 problems

1. the sketch will display in drawing but will not copy onto DXF file.

2. The sketch will not display on the flat pattern of a sm part.

Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 11
japike

If you make you sketch on the flat pattern of the part it will show up on the drawing of the flat pattern if you follow JDs steps. What are you trying to accomplish with this?

Peace,
Jeff
Inventor 2022
Message 6 of 11
jletcher
in reply to: japike

Just right click on the sketch (in the model) and  there is a copy to flat pattern option.

Only thing the main sketch cannot be copied to flat pattern but alll others can.

Message 7 of 11
jletcher
in reply to: jletcher

Oh and then if you export from IDW just make sure you do the other step in post.

In idw right click on flat pattern and get sketch....

Message 8 of 11
WESKUEHL1641

We use a water jet to cut parts out of a sheet. We can etch the material as well to show locations or points that are used for fabrication assembly.  The machine reads a DXF file. If I'm using a sheet metal profile I would project the geometry in the assemble but I always have to emboss it so it will show up on the flat and on the dxf file.  Seems to be a long work around.

Wes

Message 9 of 11
jletcher

What I said should work for you it is the same thing I do for the laser cut machines. But if it is letters you want you will have to emboss those but lines can be done with sketch only..

Message 10 of 11
jigar.varia
in reply to: JDMather

Can we get these ability (get model sketches) to frame generator part  drawing? 

Message 11 of 11
zpt0001

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report