Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display mass of multiple parts

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anthony
2297 Views, 3 Replies

Display mass of multiple parts

Is there a way to display the mass of a selection of parts through iProperties ? Similarly to the way to show the mass of a single part but but selecting multiple parts and getting their collective mass ?

Anthony Goodwin ~ Cad Manager/Senior Designer
Autodesk Inventor Professional 2013 SP2 64-Bit Edition
Windows 7 HP Z400, Intel Xeon W3550 3.07GHz
12.0GB RAM, ATI FirePro V4800 (FireGL)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Cadmanto
in reply to: Anthony

Anthony,

I am not sure if this will help you, but if you go to the styles editor, under parts list you can either create a new parts list style, or modify the existing.  Either way there is an option that allows you to add a "MASS" column.  This way it would give you the mass for each member of your assembly in the BOM.

mass.JPG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 4
cwhetten
in reply to: Cadmanto

You can do something similar to what Scott has suggested in the assembly file itself.  Open the BOM of the assembly (Assemble tab > Manage > Bill of Materials).  Click on Choose Columns (see image) and double-click the Mass property.  This will list the mass of each component of the assembly (parts and subassemblies).

BOM Mass.png

However, if I understand your question correctly, you are asking how to show the TOTAL mass of all selected components?  That's a little trickier.  There is no quick tool for that, but there are ways to get what you want.  Is it just for a quick check, or do you need to display this info on a drawing somewhere or use it in a formula? 

Message 4 of 4
SER4
in reply to: Anthony

Vote:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/assembly-model-iproperties-combined-mass-of-selected-p...

Dell Precision 5680 Laptop; Win11 Pro; 64GB RAM; i9-13900H CPU; Intel Iris Xe Graphics, NVIDIA RTX 3500 Ada Laptop GPU.
Vault Pro 2023.4.1 (28.4.20.0); Inventor Pro 2023.4.1 (418).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report