Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

display driver shotdown

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
sheriff12
347 Views, 6 Replies

display driver shotdown

I was doing a Tooling tutorial in Inventor 2014 and my display driver shut down and then recovered. But, I lost all progress up to that point. I was Generating the Core and Cavity when I selected the Body Separation slder and began to move it to a value of 75 when the display driver just failed or shut down. The recovery was almost immediate, but all information was lost and I had to start the tutorial over. I have a GeForce GTX570 graphics card and my O/S is Windows 7 Ultimate. I've had this problem before and reinstalled Inventor 2014. This cleared up the problem before. Is there anything I can do to stop this from happening again? Thanks for any suggestions. Oh! I also did a thorough cleaning of the inside of my computer because I was told that dust could be the source of the malfunction. But, again this annoyance has occurred.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: sheriff12

thats a video card driver issue

try updating it or reverting back to one that works

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
blair
in reply to: DarrenP

I agree with DarrenP, it's a graphics card driver issue. I have seen this with Win7 and Nvidia just using Windows Internet Explorer.

I tend to save alot with the ctrl^C command from the keyboard, I hate loosing work and don't work more than 20 minutes without saving.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 7
sheriff12

Thank You very much for the information. I reverted back to one of my earlier drivers on my GeForce GTX570, and now there doesn't appear to be any problems. I completed the first Tooling tutorial without any disruptions. But, I also took the advice to Save every portion of the tutorial as I completed them. I have tons of RAM so that isn't an issue. Thanks again!

Message 5 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: sheriff12

updating to the latest driver isn't always the best

i have run into issues with autodesk software that the latest version usually causes so i have to revert back to the previous version of the driver and the issue goes away

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
sheriff12
in reply to: blair

Darren was correct. The problem is now solved. I reverted back to one of my old drivers for my GeForce GTX570. I also took your advice and started saving each component as I went along. I have tons of RAM so that isn't an issue. Thanks for your input and advice!

Message 7 of 7
sheriff12

Previously I updated my driver. That apparently was causing the problem. I reverted back to an earlier driver on my GeForce GTX570, and now no more shut downs. Thanks for your advice!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report