Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

display all ipart properties

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tbgaida
357 Views, 5 Replies

display all ipart properties

I am working with table driven ipart with 145 members, and I need the weight of each individual member. I am wondering if there is a way to print out a chart, could even be in a drawing that would display all of the parts with there individual weights. This would save me an immense amount of time compared to going thru the iproperties of each part. Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Cadmanto
in reply to: tbgaida

If you can get these members to show up in a parts list the link I provided will show you how to get the mass into the parts list

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14078636&linkID=9242018

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 6
tbgaida
in reply to: Cadmanto

I tried to get them all into a parts list, but with no success. What I did was added a drawing view from one of the members, then added a parts list and selected that member. From there you can edit the parts list and Select which member you want to use, but the "Yes to All" button is greyed out.

Any ideas?

Message 4 of 6
Cadmanto

Try inserting a couple different members into an assembly and then using the link I provided in my first posting, add the mass column into the parts list and see if that at least starts giving you what you are looking for.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 6
tbgaida

Unfortunately it still does not provide me with what I am looking for. The BOM that is created is only for the drawing view that is placed on the drawing sheet. If I add more than one member to the drawing, the BOM will still only display information for the member it was pointed towards. I would like one long chart which displays all the member names and parameters, along with the mass of each member in an adjacent column. If this cant be done using a BOM, can it be done using a general table?

Message 6 of 6
Cadmanto

Unless I am missing something in what you are saying, based on what I am reading in your responses, it almost looks as though you are not creating an assembly, but rather just inserting views that are tied into one particular member from the ipart factory file.  That wont work if in deed that is what you are doing.  If that is, that is not what I was describing to you and also what the link I showed you does as well.

I know what I am describing works.  Users on this forum have proved it and I have seen it.  So I am not sure where the misunderstanding is coming from.

Maybe if you posted some images and maybe your file that would help.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums