Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing Views and Text - Inventor 2013

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
timchr
1767 Views, 20 Replies

Disappearing Views and Text - Inventor 2013

At times when dimensioning or creating views in 2D, items will disappear. These items are dimensions or even complete views. They return as soon as hit the scroll wheel on the mouse or my 3D connexion mouse. Is anyone else experiencing this or know how to fix it? We have 3 active seats and all three of us are having this issue.

System specs:

Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit

Intel Xeon X340 @ 2.40 GHz 2.53 GHz

300 GB Harddrive that's 1/3 full (192 GB free of 296 GB)

12 GB of RAM

NVIDIA Quadro FX1800 - Lates Driver installed (thought this would help)

Any help would be appreciated.

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: timchr

Have you loaded update 2?

Message 3 of 21
timchr
in reply to: Anonymous

I just did this morning after posting this. That's when I seen Update 2 was out.

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous

Did that fix it?

Message 5 of 21
timchr
in reply to: Anonymous

So far it looks promising. I opened and currently working in a drawing it was happening in yesterday. However, I had closed it and saved it prior to running the update. I will be doing another, almost identical assembly later and if it's clear then I will be pleased. 🙂

Message 6 of 21
timchr

Ok.. started doing it again today... Can some one suggest an actual fix!

Message 7 of 21
SBix26

Sounds like a graphics issue to me, but the latest drivers should have taken care of that.  Occasional odd behaviors reported here have been fixed by an update to the 3Dconnexion driver and even to the mouse driver.

Have you tried switching App Options > Hardware settings to see if a change there makes a difference?  Selecting "Software graphics" should only be used for testing, as it is very slow.  But if it makes your problem go away, it indicates a problem with the graphics hardware/drivers.

Message 8 of 21
timchr
in reply to: SBix26

I updated teh 3Dconnexion software and mouse (Logitech MS Performance) software this morning. I have not changed the app settings yet.

Message 9 of 21
timchr

Still happening with the above recommended changes. Could it be a graphics card issue? Not powerful enough?

Message 10 of 21
timchr

Any suggestions at all by anyone at this point?

Message 11 of 21
SBix26

I don't have anything else to suggest.  We have a couple of FX1800s here on stations that are not in regular use and we haven't yet moved to 2013.  They're pretty old by this time (in computer years!), not capable of DirectX 11, but they still work with Inventor 2012.

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous

I have a workstation here running FX1800 on IV2013 with no problems.

Message 13 of 21
trevorauman

I have the same problem. I have not installed an updates yet, but if it is any help to autodesk to know more about the problem, it only occurs for me when I am scrolling in and out on the drawing and moving my cursor over a view at the same time. If I leave the cursor over a single view or over the blank portions then it does nto occur. Makes me think it is a software issue maybe.

I am running:

Base: Lenovo ThinkStation S20

CPU: W3550 @ 3.07 GHz

RAM: 16 GB

GPU: Quadro 2000 1 GB - Driver is 276.42

SSD: SanDisk 120 GB

By no means is it an "old machine" - and I have the same issue.

Message 14 of 21
JimSteinmeyer
in reply to: trevorauman

I too am experiancing this issue. My thought was simply that I didn't have enough machine and that I would have to live with it. Not to sound bad but I am happy that someone else is having the issue too. Maybe it isn't my machine. (even though it is a WalMart Black Friday $500 machine that is 4 years old Smiley LOL)

Jim

Inventor Premium 2013 SP1.1
Vault 2013- plain vanilla version
HP G71 notebook
celeron cpu w\ 4gb RAM and 64 bit system
Win 7 home premium

Ya, my boss has me running my personal machine at work.
Message 15 of 21
timchr

Yep, we are still having the issue here as well on multiple machines. I hoping a new graphics card in a new PC next release will solve the issue. We are going to move to the Nvidia 4000 card.

Message 16 of 21
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi timchr,

This is a bit of a wild guess, but do you have an Nvidia control panel or something similar where you can set the 3D settings to favor performance over quality. I have one older workstation where we see flakey graphics in the drawings and in the model browsers when this is not set to maximum performance.

If you make a change such as this, you have to restart Inventor for the changes to take place.

It's just something to check.

Autodesk Inventor Nvidia Performance.png

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 17 of 21
trevorauman

My IT department is convinced that it is my RAM, so they pulled 8 of the 16 gigs. It has only been a couple of hours, but I have not been able to repeat the problem. The reason we think this might be the issue is becasue I had a Vault error before we upgraded to 2013 that was RAM related. I will keep you posted, but I have my concerns since timchr is having the issue on multiple machines.

Message 18 of 21
tfuhrmann

Same issues here as well. Tried Nvidia and ATI cards along with various drivers. Been working with Autodesk support for a couple months now. They seem convinced it's a video card/ driver issue, but I feel it's a bug in the software. Seen a few threads now discussing this and it's happening with various cards/drivers. Some "fixes" seem to work in the short term but the disappearing act keeps coming back. Found it's apparently linked to views with breaks in them. Never seen it on an idw without a break and if it does happen I can delete the view or break and problem goes away.

Message 19 of 21
trevorauman
in reply to: tfuhrmann

As a follow up. Once I pulled my bad RAM I did not have the problem randomly any longer, but it would happen when my computer went to sleep / logon screen. IT did a service pack on VAULT and I think INVENTOR and I no longer have the problem.

Message 20 of 21
NathanGMartin

I wil second this problem, and offer the only fix that searching through the forums has yielded to me: save, close inventor, & re-open.  

I didn't say you'd like the fix, and I don't either.

Nearest I can figure after reading through these forums, on a machine with all updates and fresh graphics drivers, the issue persists simply due to Inventor's consumption of system resources on low-to-medium range machines.  This has been happenening to me ever since I started working with Inventor.  

Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report