Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing Holes

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
165 Views, 4 Replies

Disappearing Holes

I've found a new game in Inventor. Have a look at the attachment in InvC-F under the same Subject. RMB on Hole1 and select Edit feature, then click Ok. Obviously nothing happens to Hole1, but Hole3 and Hole4 disappear (?) RMB on Hole3 and select Edit Feature, the click Ok and Hole3 reappears. The same happens with Hole4. I've tried Rebuild All, Saving, Saving, Closing and Re-opening. I've deleted the flat pattern and re-created it. It always seems to happen. It was a good game to start with, but it's got a bit boring now. Anybody got any hints or suggestions - something along the line of "take a fifty week break" would be appreciated . TIA -- Duncan Anderson Engineering Draughtsperson SPE International Limited http://www.spe-int.com/ -- P4 1.9GHz 1 Gb RAM + 2Gb page nVidia GeForce4 MX 440 (BIOS [4.17.00.61.00 Drv [4.5.2.3]) Win X/P (home) sp1[all updates] Inv7sp1 NSW2003(incl.NAV2003)+NIS2003 [all updates]
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Duncan I played with it a bit in R8. When I edit Hole 1 Holes 3 and 4 get sick, and can be fixed by just editing them and clicking OK, just like you said. I found thought that if I changed the hole extrusion to "Thickness" instead of "To" then everything seemed stable. This isn't the first time I have seen issues with Sheetmetal Faces. I generally just stick to "Thickness" for all SM extrusions, cuts and holes. -- Kent "Duncan Anderson" wrote in message news:3ffac59a$1_3@statler... > I've found a new game in Inventor. Have a look at the attachment in InvC-F under > the same Subject. > > RMB on Hole1 and select Edit feature, then click Ok. Obviously nothing happens > to Hole1, but Hole3 and Hole4 disappear (?) > > RMB on Hole3 and select Edit Feature, the click Ok and Hole3 reappears. The same > happens with Hole4. > > I've tried Rebuild All, Saving, Saving, Closing and Re-opening. I've deleted the > flat pattern and re-created it. > > It always seems to happen. > > It was a good game to start with, but it's got a bit boring now. > > Anybody got any hints or suggestions - something along the line of "take a fifty > week break" would be appreciated . > > > TIA > > -- > Duncan Anderson > Engineering Draughtsperson > SPE International Limited > http://www.spe-int.com/ > > -- > P4 1.9GHz > 1 Gb RAM + 2Gb page > nVidia GeForce4 MX 440 > (BIOS [4.17.00.61.00 Drv [4.5.2.3]) > Win X/P (home) sp1[all updates] > Inv7sp1 > NSW2003(incl.NAV2003)+NIS2003 [all updates] > >
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Duncan, I agree with Kent and can confirm his findings. Clayton "Kent Keller" wrote in message news:3ffae416$1_4@statler... > Hi Duncan > > I played with it a bit in R8. When I edit Hole 1 Holes 3 and 4 get sick, and can be fixed > by just editing them and clicking OK, just like you said. I found thought that if I > changed the hole extrusion to "Thickness" instead of "To" then everything seemed stable. > This isn't the first time I have seen issues with Sheetmetal Faces. I generally just > stick to "Thickness" for all SM extrusions, cuts and holes. > > -- > Kent >
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks Kent and Clayton, I thought it was me or my box. I hope Adsk have clocked this bug. Will it be fixed in Inv8sp1, when it's released in the UK ? Duncan
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Not sure Duncan, but I don't think Purchasing ordered any blanks for the starter pistol. ~Larry "Duncan Anderson" wrote in message news:3ffbc8b4_2@statler... > Thanks Kent and Clayton, I thought it was me or my box. > > I hope Adsk have clocked this bug. > > Will it be fixed in Inv8sp1, when it's released in the UK ? > > > Duncan > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report