Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direction of Material

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
pajamas4
1174 Views, 7 Replies

Direction of Material

Hello, can somebody explain to me how to make a type of material go in one directionor by another degree .  Ex: if you click on a wood type materical, it goes up or down and right or left depending which side of that object is.  On the picture below, it goes up and down, side to side no all sides go in one direction.  I need to know how to mange the direction of the way of where the material go.

Thank you

Edited by Request
Discussion_Admin

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
mcgyvr
in reply to: pajamas4

What version of Inventor?

Pre 2013 you had to create a new style (and rotate the texture 90 degrees or whatever) then assign that style to the appropriate faces. In 2013 you can edit the texture on each face and change its direction without creating a new style.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 8
pajamas4
in reply to: mcgyvr

2012 verson

Message 4 of 8

Hi pajamas4,

You can create rotated textures as described here:

http://www.b2-design.biz/Tutorials/AligningTextures.htm

and then edit the part and right-click on the faces that need to rotate and assign the correct oriented texture/color, but it's a bit time consuming and might not be worth it.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 5 of 8

Hello

I looked at the picture on that website you gave me but it didn't gave me the steps of how to do it.  I did right click oh the face however. When I right click, it doesn't say anything of rotating anything.  I don't know what you mean by that.  Please respone if you have a chance.

Thank you

Message 6 of 8
pajamas4
in reply to: mcgyvr

Hello

I did right click oh the face however. When I right click, it doesn't say anything of rotating anything.  I don't know what you mean by that.  Please respone if you have a chance.

Thank you

Message 7 of 8

Hi pajamas4,

You would first want to create the various rotated textures (as described in the link). You can do this by copying the existing color/texture style in Inventor.

Go to the Manage tab > Styles Editor button,  and use the New button to create a new copied version of the color style. Then use the rotate slider to change the angle for the new style.

Then when editing a part file you can right-click a face and choose Properties and select one of the new color/textures to assign to that face. Again it's a bit of work, but can be done.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 8 of 8

OK I got it now.  Thank you.Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report