Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Directing what dimensions are pulled from retrieval command

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
smiz
203 Views, 3 Replies

Directing what dimensions are pulled from retrieval command

Hey guys,

A little back ground, I am driving my manufacturing company to dimension and tolerance the entire print via the retrival command. This way everything is tied directly to the sketch and can not become unassociated. My latest problem I'm encountering is; is there a way to set what dimensions are pulled from the command rather then it pulling every single sketch dimension in? If I could tell inventor to only show the certain dimensions required for our print and not the 200 other dimensions used to get there it would be a huge time saver. Any ideas?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: smiz

Hi smiz,

You should get the opportunity to select which dimensions to bring in from the Retrieve Dimensions dialog box. Are you not seeing this option?

See the red arrow in this image (ignore the yellow ones, I borrowed this image from an older thread on this forum):

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-675E2605-5E63-40C6-9DCB-E2862CCB3D71

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 4
smiz
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Thanks for the quick reply Curtis!

Yes I have that option, that is how we pull all of our dimensions currently. My problem is, When i selct my part of feature every dimension is populated that was on that plane. I would like to know if there is a way in my sketch to configure dimensions to show or not show when I retrieve them.

Here's an exxample of what im looking to solve. This is only a small example of my issue, as there are usually much more chaos. But I would like to toggle what ones show up in the sketch it self if possible. That way when i use the command onnly the dimensions I require show up.

tooth.PNG

Message 4 of 4
okaleja
in reply to: smiz

Hi,

As mentioned above the only options to filter dimenions to retrieve in drawing is to use Select Part or Select Feature options. In sketch itself you can not specify which dimensions should show up in Retrieve Dimensions command.

Oto Kaleja

Autodesk

Oto Kaleja
Software Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report