Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimensions for press brake

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
garyl
2900 Views, 8 Replies

Dimensions for press brake

I cant seem to find the answer for this, we do a lot of sheet metal fabricaton, using inventor and autocad to create the drawing for a laser then the pars are formed on a press brake. 

My problem is showing necessary diminsions for the press brake when there are 2 or more bends. The first bend is no problem I can show the diminsion from the edge to the bend for the backgauge setting, the second bend needs a diminsion from the flange of the first bend to the bend line of the second bend for a back guage setting. That is the diminsion I am having trouble showing on the drawings.

I would like to give the press operator the backguage settings on the drawings.for each part.

Any help or ideas are appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
CCarreiras
in reply to: garyl

Hi!

I dont understand what you need.

Post some figure explaining better what you need.

Is the picture below representing what you seek?!

Regards.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
garyl

I hope this helps explain what I was trying to say

Message 4 of 9
DavidKuhlmann

I have used derived parts from the original and the unfold command on the derived parts to unfold one or two bends at a time to make drawing views as you have shown.  It is a cumbersome process but is the best I have found so far.  I am using 2011, perhaps newer versions have a more elegant solution.

David

David
Inventor Professional 2023.0.1
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Message 5 of 9
garyl
in reply to: DavidKuhlmann

I cant find a better solution in 2013, I havent installed '14 yet, waiting on a now computer that I should get in the next month.

My solution has been to create a sketch on the drawing and use that sketch to create the needed diminsions, but if I change the part at all I have to fix the sketch. Using a derived part would avoide having to fix the sketch, but it creates more parts to wade through

Message 6 of 9
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi garyl,

Similar to DKuhlmann's suggestion, you can use an iPart to do this. You will still have multiple files as a result (the iPart members), but there is some help in the drawing view that comes with the iPart tools.

When you create Re-Fold features in the sheet metal part, you can suppress and unsupress them using the iPart Factory table, and then place views of each iPart member. Then you can edit turn on the tangent lines to locate the unfolded bends.

See the attached *.ipt file for an example file that shows how the iPart factory is set up.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Autodesk Inventor Sheet Metal Bend Back Stop Dimension.png

Message 7 of 9
garyl

Thanks, that looks like a better solution, I havent usd iParts too much so will have to try it out.

Message 8 of 9
yannick3

Hi

You have 4 possibilitys

1-derive the part, use unfold feature, and make the drawing with. one derived part for each bend!!! 

2-change your CNC controler for one who can calculate the bend line with the unfolded part 

3- buy autopol bend simulator it's the same software that Bystronic (bybend) use

4- build bend table for your press brake operator with all bend parameter ex: for each thickness, punch radius vs die width.

Yannick Verreault
INV PRO 2015
MS Office 2007
Win 7 pro, core i7 950, asus P6T WS
nvidia Gforce GTX 295
WD caviar black 500Go
WD caviar black 1To

Message 9 of 9
dlotti23

The part doesn't request dimensions of the press brake but tooling dimensions to be used

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report