Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimensioning Isometric View (text Orientation)

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
starstone
11117 Views, 8 Replies

Dimensioning Isometric View (text Orientation)

Hi,

I'm wondering is it possible to orientate the dimension text alligned to paper(2.jpg) but not the UCS of Isometric drawing(1.jpg).

some time I need to allocate my drawing with dimensioning in isometric view because its more easy to read.

Thanks.

p/s: I'm placing my drawing in *.idw. 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
trumpy81
in reply to: starstone

From the drawing environment, click on the 'manage' tab and then 'styles editor'. Expand the dimension type you are using and on the 'text' tab look for 'orientation' then linear. I believe the middle type button will control the orientation of the text for isometric drawings.

HTH

Regards
Andy M
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2013 Pro SP1.1, Win7 Pro - 64Bit - SP1, Intel i7 960 @ 3.333 GHz
Asus X58 Sabertooth, Corsair 12Gig DDR3, AMD Radeon HD6970, Samsung 830 Series 256G SSD, 2x 3TB Seagate, 2x 2TB Hitachi,
1x 1TB Samsung, 4 x 2TB Seagate in Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Dual Asus VE278Q Monitors
Message 3 of 9
starstone
in reply to: trumpy81

I just tried, but that wont work.

My dimension Text still orientate according to the drawing(UCS) plane.

Message 4 of 9
trumpy81

Sorry, my bad, that particular style only affects angled lines in normal drawings, not in Isometric drawings.

I'm sure I have seen a method to do what you want, but I can't recall how it is done now. Maybe I'm thinking of AutoCAD?

Regards
Andy M
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2013 Pro SP1.1, Win7 Pro - 64Bit - SP1, Intel i7 960 @ 3.333 GHz
Asus X58 Sabertooth, Corsair 12Gig DDR3, AMD Radeon HD6970, Samsung 830 Series 256G SSD, 2x 3TB Seagate, 2x 2TB Hitachi,
1x 1TB Samsung, 4 x 2TB Seagate in Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Dual Asus VE278Q Monitors
Message 5 of 9

Hi starstone,

If you press the Space bar while placing the dimension you can change the orientation of the dimension. But the results are dependent on the selections, so you might need to experiment a bit to see if you can get what you're after.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 6 of 9

Space bar will only orientate the dimeension placing base on the plane that available for drawing(refer attachment), not the paper.

By the way, this "space bar" option are not available when placing distance between two lines.

Anyway, thanks for the idea.

Message 7 of 9
mrattray

This thead contains the answer you are looking for.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Isometric-view-dimension-orientation/m-p/2651297/hig...

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 8 of 9
starstone
in reply to: mrattray

Yeah~! This the solution that I'm looking for......

Thanks.

Message 9 of 9
iamerm
in reply to: mrattray

Thanks "Matt" !  😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report