Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dimensioning for dual intersecting lines

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
rclement
629 Views, 12 Replies

dimensioning for dual intersecting lines

was wondering why inventor still hasnt added intersection when your dimensioning with the right mouse button

i know when you stab one line and hover over other you get intersection but when i go to second one stab the line and hover over second line i dont get that intersection option?

what am i doing wrong?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
JDMather
in reply to: rclement

I am not sure I understand -

can you attach example files?

I do get Intersection option when I right click.  (for both ends)

Intersection.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 13
mdavis22569
in reply to: JDMather

After you pick 2 lines ...you can RMB and get Intersection

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 4 of 13
rclement

heres the file

for the first set of lines i get the intersection option via right mouse button. but for the second set of lines i do not why so?

Message 5 of 13
JDMather

I am not familiar with dimensioning a pdf file.

I do know how to do it with Inventor files.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 6 of 13
rclement
in reply to: mdavis22569

didint know you wanted ipt. here it is

Message 7 of 13
mdavis22569
in reply to: JDMather

Can you post a bmp of what you're try to DIM ...or the IPT/IDW as JDMathers was saying it's hard with a PDF to do anything

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 8 of 13
rclement

i dont understand that i get for first set not second.got me i really must be doing something wrong

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous

Is this what you are trying to do?

Message 10 of 13
rclement
in reply to: Anonymous

yes something like that except across the top of the piece where the slot is. i tried yours and got that but when i try top . i get infered intersection but not what i truly want.l i want ythis .880 dimension with out drawing a sketch to showed infered intersections

Message 11 of 13
mdavis22569

In the past ...I've had to make a sketch in the 2d drawing view to get me to be able to do what i want... I make a point/line something that is SOOOOOO small that it can't be seen but I can attach too... This is just a work around suggestion

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 12 of 13
rclement

in the past ive done that myself, but inventor should have these capapbilities and it does. so if this can make my life easier why not

Message 13 of 13
JDMather

It occured to me that you might be doing too much work.

First thing I noticed is that you have not installed Service Pack2.

Second thing I noticed is that your Sketch1 had too many dimensions - yet wasn't fully defined.

Open my ipt example and Edit Sketch1 and compare to your Sketch1.

For the drawing - simply Retrieve the Dimensions already created when creating the part - don't need to repeat work.

Retrieve Part Dimensions.png

No need to fudge anything.

Simplicity.PNG

Note the simplicity of the sketch - I didn't even bother with extra work of trimming.

And the dimensions I need can be retrieved into the drawing.

And... .... the sketch is fully defined.

In most cases - Fillets should be created as placed Features rather than as Sketch entities.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report