Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension to centerline

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jimmantle
990 Views, 5 Replies

Dimension to centerline

I used to (Friday) be able to dimension to a centerline. Now, I can pick a centermark or centerline but no dimension will appear. The rest of the dimensioning functions still appear to work ok. I have installed one Adobe reader update, that is the only thing I can think of that's changed. Ideas?

Jim Mantle
Dell 490, XP64 SP2, Xeon 5140, 8 gigs, ATI V7200, Inv 2008 SP2
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: jimmantle

Try selecting the centerline line or mark in different places, like the "middle" or an end or a middle of a line. I've seen it happen before....
Message 3 of 6
jimmantle

Tried every part of the mark or line, including the little green dots that appear but it will not dimension anything that even looks like a centerline. I'm going to try an older drawing with existing centerline dimensions.
Message 4 of 6
jimmantle

I opened a drawing done a week ago and the dimensions work normally but the one from yesterday is still an issue. Any ideas? Autodesk? Anyone?
Message 5 of 6
gabriel.lengyel

Try following: RMC on view and ensure that General dimension type is set to projected.

HTH.

Regards,

Gabriel.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

The same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago, after closing and opening dwg a number of times it worked. Don't know what caused it and probably never will.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report