Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DImension text problem

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
124 Views, 5 Replies

DImension text problem

Hello

I have problem. When I make technical documentation I start placing dimensions on it. The problem is that according to my standard I have to center measure text on the dimension line on it center. I needs to be placed in middle of the line something like AutoCAD does with generic settings. I tried dimension syles and text styless but nothing. Can you help?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

There is no setting. -- Laurence, Power is nothing without Control --- "trigor" wrote in message news:19445976.1075632420513.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Hello > > I have problem. When I make technical documentation I start placing dimensions on it. The problem is that according to my standard I have to center measure text on the dimension line on it center. I needs to be placed in middle of the line something like AutoCAD does with generic settings. I tried dimension syles and text styless but nothing. Can you help?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Baseline dims will re-order themselves. QBZ "Laurence Yeandle" wrote in message news:401df9bc_3@newsprd01... > There is no setting. > > -- > Laurence, > > Power is nothing without Control > --- > > > "trigor" wrote in message > news:19445976.1075632420513.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > Hello > > > > I have problem. When I make technical documentation I start placing > dimensions on it. The problem is that according to my standard I have to > center measure text on the dimension line on it center. I needs to be placed > in middle of the line something like AutoCAD does with generic settings. I > tried dimension syles and text styless but nothing. Can you help? > >
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I was wrong there is a notch................if you can find it! That is to centre the text between the arrows. -- Laurence, Power is nothing without Control --- "Quinn Zander" wrote in message news:401e7e1a_3@newsprd01... > Baseline dims will re-order themselves. > > QBZ > > > "Laurence Yeandle" > wrote in message news:401df9bc_3@newsprd01... > > There is no setting. > > > > -- > > Laurence, > > > > Power is nothing without Control > > --- > > > > > > "trigor" wrote in message > > news:19445976.1075632420513.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > > Hello > > > > > > I have problem. When I make technical documentation I start placing > > dimensions on it. The problem is that according to my standard I have > to > > center measure text on the dimension line on it center. I needs to be > placed > > in middle of the line something like AutoCAD does with generic > settings. I > > tried dimension syles and text styless but nothing. Can you help? > > > > > >
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

How can I find it Laurence???
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

There was a notch where the dim snapped to it, I have seen / used it whatever but it was probably in 6.0 maybe even 5.3. They might of even dropped in 7.0 I don't think its there in 8.0 for sure. Sorry I can't help other than that, its not mentioned much because the Snap is so vague nobody even knew it was there until Bill Bogan pointed it out (now ex autodesk employee) -- Laurence, Power is nothing without Control --- "trigor" wrote in message news:24599892.1075760271438.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > How can I find it Laurence???

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report