Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DImension text problem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
trigor
88 Views, 4 Replies

DImension text problem

Hello

I have problem. When I make technical documentation I start placing dimensions on it. The problem is that according to my standard I have to center measure text on the dimension line on it center. I needs to be placed in middle of the line something like AutoCAD does with generic settings. I tried dimension syles and text styless but nothing. Can you help?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: trigor

Right-click over the Dim. and select "Text...", then use the justification buttons in the upper-left to control how the dimension text related to the dim line (it has both vertical and horizontal settings). Is that what you were looking for? -- Phil Kenewell ---------------------- Gage Designer North American Lighting, Inc.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I think he is looking for making the dimensional text centred on the middle of the part. |--------XXX------------------| So it is not offset left or right. There is a bit of a snap too the middle but it can be tricky to find the right spot for the sanp to work. Kathy Johnson
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Wish they'd add an option that would include Auto Stagger ... okay ... and Auto Center for those whom prefer centered dims. Isn't the GD&T standard staggered anyway? I'm sure they'll hop right on this, now that they know about it! ~Larry "KJohnson" wrote in message news:401e9540$1_3@newsprd01... > I think he is looking for making the dimensional text centred on the middle > of the part. > > |--------XXX------------------| > > So it is not offset left or right. There is a bit of a snap too the middle > but it can be tricky to find the right spot for the sanp to work. > > Kathy Johnson > >
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Ahh yes - there is a "kind of snap" to the middle of the dim. It would be nice with a little better feedback I suppose. However, I think its kinda splittin hairs isn't it? One can eyeball a dimension close enough to the center of the dim line for it to pass a checker's eye - would it not?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums