Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension bug!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
213 Views, 8 Replies

Dimension bug!

OMG I have multiple dimensions with the same name in my sketch. How in the world is this suppose to work?
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Illustration of proof!
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

How did this happen?
If they were TRUELY the same d dimenion then their values would have to match.
Not only in that skecth but for all sketches in the whole part.
Are these tied to any type of custom paramenter?
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Try looking in the sketch mode, try looking at the Parameters dialog box to see how these two d5 dimension might be different.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

I can't get access to the parameters table. This problem arose when I was in a "sketch" of a "sketch symbol" in a "idw" file. I thought one was able to get access to the parameter table in previous versions but I can't seem to locate it now. I could be going crazy too (wouldn't be the first time).
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

I have noticed the same problem; it causes lots of sick dimensions when you try to use one for reference! -- Sam Bixler Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis "ohunome" wrote in message news:18240274.1091808576526.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Illustration of proof!
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

I really hope there's a hot fix for this one because it's needed really bad right now.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

This appears to only be happening when making or editing a sketched symbol. The new name seems to take preference over the old dimension name. So if you use a name to drive another dimension it usues the latest one created, unless it was already referenced by the previously created dimension. It would be a disaster if this was the case in sketch mode when creating a part..... Tom "ohunome" wrote in message news:14371562.1091805259969.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > OMG I have multiple dimensions with the same name in my sketch. How in the world is this suppose to work?
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

This is probably related to the issue I brought up back in the thread titled Dimension Relationships in IDW SketchMode IDW Sketches seem to only keep track of the d#'s until you exit the sketch. If you come back and try to relate a dim to another one, it won't do it as I showed in a AVI,. -- Kent Keller http://www.KWiKMcad.com Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator "tahdesign" wrote in message news:6991852.1091813353582.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > How did this happen? > If they were TRUELY the same d dimenion then their values would have to match. > Not only in that skecth but for all sketches in the whole part. > Are these tied to any type of custom paramenter?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report