Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulty with expanding portion of design

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
N4n45h1
391 Views, 3 Replies

Difficulty with expanding portion of design

I'm looking for some direction to follow to modify an existing design. I am trying to thicken left and right walls in order to make the inner section narrower. However, none of my attempts have been successful. I am not looking for learning materials for CAD, but rather a solution to this specific problem. I am not experienced in CAD but simply need to solve this one problem in order to move forward.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
blair
in reply to: N4n45h1

This appears to be done in Autodesk Fusion. You should be able to select the inside side/face and use the "Push/Pull tool to thicken the desired face.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 4
N4n45h1

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried to use the push/pull function and receive the error, "Modeling Error:  Failed to propagate the blend face graph."

I have also tried using the extrude function and receive a different error, "Modeling Error: Extrude operation failed."

Do you have any other ideas?

Message 4 of 4
blair

I don't have Fusion on my system, you might try the Fusion forum: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Get-Help-with-Fusion-360/bd-p/123 It will be the Fusion 360 but should still work for you.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report