Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulty Exporting CAD

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
rah2eq
285 Views, 6 Replies

Difficulty Exporting CAD

Hello all,

I am having a strange difficulty exporting an ipt design as an .STL for printing. When I click on the Export as CAD option, the only file entensions are .XGL and .ZGL. When I click "Print: Send to 3-D Print Service" and try to export as an STL, the File dialog box opens with an .IPT extension only and will not let me export as .STL. Also, the "Options" button on all of the export dialog boxes is inactive, nothing occurs when I click it. Also, I .STL is not a valid extension in the "Save Copy As" option in my Inventor.

I have tried repair/reinstall. I have also used the Inventor Quick Uninstall to completely uninstall Inventor 2013 and 2014 from the computer, and then I re-downloaded Inventor 2014 and re-installed it and the problem still persists.

As of about two months ago, everything worked fine. The only thing that I can think that could have happened is that an anti-virus software somehow deleted an .STL translator or something.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rdyson
in reply to: rah2eq

Tools> Options>Addins
What's listed?

PDSU 2016
Message 3 of 7
rah2eq
in reply to: rdyson

I tried clicking on Add-Ins to display the Add-In Manager and nothing displays.

Message 4 of 7
rah2eq

Also, could someone export my object as an STL for me in the mean time so that I can continue with it? I've attached it below, and it is designed in mm. Thanks if you are kind enough to help me out with that while I try to resolve this other issue.

Message 5 of 7
blair

here you go

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 7
blair
in reply to: blair

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 7
rah2eq
in reply to: blair

So I researched other threads since learning that my Add-Ins Manager is not coming up. I have found a work- around that works in this case. I created a new profile on my computer, and used Inventor on this account, and all capabilities have been restored in that version. I assume now that the problem is not with Inventor but with Inventor interacting with my account settings somehow. I am the sole administrator on the account in which Inventor will not export.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report