Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different physical material properties.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
russellh
532 Views, 6 Replies

Different physical material properties.

On some parts when I go to iProperties/ Physical/ Material I get maybe 40 different options. On other parts I only get 14 options. How can I get all the options on all of my parts?

Autodesk Inventor 2011
AutoCAD Mechanical 2011
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: russellh

currently you are using local styles.. You should look into turning on/maintaining a single style library.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 7
russellh
in reply to: mcgyvr

@mcgyvr wrote:

currently you are using local styles.. You should look into turning on/maintaining a single style library.

Thanks, sounds good, but I have it turned off because of a error message I get when opening my drawing template. So now you've given me another problem to chase down.

Autodesk Inventor 2011
AutoCAD Mechanical 2011
Message 4 of 7
mcgyvr

I'm betting the error is because the styles in the template don't match the style library..Which is to be expected till you fix that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 5 of 7
russellh

@mcgyvr wrote:

I'm betting the error is because the styles in the template don't match the style library..Which is to be expected till you fix that.

Yes, that's the problem. I need my dimensions to be set to inch, 4 decimal places. How do I fix this in the style library?

Autodesk Inventor 2011
AutoCAD Mechanical 2011
Message 6 of 7
mcgyvr

set use style library to yes..open your template..get everything the way you want it and save to style library.. save/close template.. Problem solved.

You can't just change stuff in the template and forget to also save to style library..

Message 7 of 7
russellh

Well I think I got everything happy now. It all appears to work as I want. Thanks.

Autodesk Inventor 2011
AutoCAD Mechanical 2011

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report