Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different material appearance in the frame generator

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Barvas11
346 Views, 4 Replies

Different material appearance in the frame generator

Hi Guys,

I have problems with material appearance in the frame generator. I have created a new material 316 stainless steel and assigned a specific colour to it. I have now decided to change that colour but it only changes when I change the material in iProperties of the part. I still get the old colour when I use the frame generator to change the material. The only way to change the colour of my material is thru the appearance tab in the frame generator pop up window. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Fabiobonso
in reply to: Barvas11

I have the same problem. See Picture 1: "FDS steelworks" style has been choosen and colour for frames is correct. See Picture 2: switched to "Master" view and "As material" grey style is now selected resulting in wrong colours if I export the assembly to dwf. The only way to fix is opening each single frame and manually correct the style. Any suggestions?
Message 3 of 5
Fabiobonso
in reply to: Fabiobonso

Message 4 of 5
Barvas11

Your problem is different. It has always been like that. You can choose a standard colour for any part and then overwright it in the assembly. The part itself will always have the same colour unless you choose otherwise.

Message 5 of 5
Fabiobonso

Thanks for your help: sorry I might have not understood well your post. Anyway it is still a little tricky to me fixing the matter of colours for frame generator parts. As a matter of fact I'm not able to publish assemblies with correct colours for frames; I have not this problem with all others parts.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report