Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

did inv 11 rotate the ucs

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mike_teegarden
188 Views, 2 Replies

did inv 11 rotate the ucs

I have no problem with the ucs. So i am not trying to get the argument started about the need to be able to move the ucs. My problem comes from the fact that this release has changed on me. now all my parts that I bring into assemblies are in a different orientation than the parts were (visibly). while still on the same plane they are rotated -90 around the x axis to each other. it is really annoying is there anything that can be done about this?

the attachment might make things a little clearer. the part and assy shown are both in the iso view and while it is in the correct position ucs wise it is visibly different. I have never had this problem before I installed 11

Thanks in advance for any help.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rblawson
in reply to: mike_teegarden

use the common view tool to get the model in the orientation you want, then rmb and select "redefine isometric". the default iso view is (I believe) part of your default template file, so open that, make this change, and then save it, and you should be good in the future.

-barrett
Message 3 of 3

That did it thanks it was driving me crazy. I have never had that problem pop up and have been using inv since 5. Thanks again

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report