Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diameter Dimensions in Sketches

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Cadmanto
2069 Views, 3 Replies

Diameter Dimensions in Sketches

When I create a sketch for a revolved feature, how does one create a diameter dimension

instead of a radius dimension?  While it is nice that you dont need an axis to revolve around,

I am used to having one and when I select the axis then the outer edge and drag the dimension

to the opposite side of the axis from which the outside edge is it automatically creates the diameter

dimension.  In the INventor sketch mode this is not happening.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Cadmanto
in reply to: Cadmanto

Never mind, I figured it out.  Didn't realize in order to accomplish this one still needs to create a centerline.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 3 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: Cadmanto

In the sketch, select or create a line, or datum (or project geometry as we discussed in oyur other post) which will serve as your axis.... you can then turn that into a "centerline".  If you dimension to that centerline, your dimensions will become diameters.  The other way to do this without creating a centerline is to select your dimension entities, and before you drop the dimension, right click.  You should see choices for "linear radius" and "linear diameter".

project.JPG

cent.JPG

Message 4 of 4
Cadmanto
in reply to: cbenner

Thank you.  I think I figured it out based on what you showed me.

Man, is that a lot of steps!!! Smiley Sad

Seems to me this could be made simpler.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report