Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dialog Filter

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
174 Views, 3 Replies

Dialog Filter

I have made a dialog box that allows file selection, however, the filter I have is set up for iam files, how can I change this to work for iam AND ipt files.
Thanks.

Dim oFileDlg As FileDialog
Call ThisApplication.CreateFileDialog(oFileDlg) ' Define the filter to select part and assembly files or any file.
oFileDlg.filter = "Inventor Assembly Files (*.iam)|*.iam" ' Define the part and assembly files filter to be the default filter.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Sounds like you have made exactly what the example in help shows. This will also give you the dropdown so you can select any file if you want. oFileDlg.Filter = "Inventor Files (*.iam;*.ipt)|*.iam;*.ipt|All Files (*.*)|*.*" In the future you may find more information or responses by posting future VBA related questions in the following discussion group: Web http://discussion.autodesk.com/forum.jspa?forumID=120 Newsreader news://discussion.autodesk.com/autodesk.inventor.customization "chaseling" wrote in message news:24967376.1082587834571.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I have made a dialog box that allows file selection, however, the filter I have is set up for iam files, how can I change this to work for iam AND ipt files. > Thanks.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Wrong forum, I know, but a quick VBA fer dummies question: How do you turn these code fragments into something you can load, and how do you load them? Save as *.ivb, and run from there? Documentation's a little vague on the basic basics. TIA. "Kent Keller" wrote in message news:4086fdd4$1_1@newsprd01... > Sounds like you have made exactly what the example in help shows. This will > also give you the dropdown so you can select any file if you want. > > oFileDlg.Filter = "Inventor Files (*.iam;*.ipt)|*.iam;*.ipt|All Files > (*.*)|*.*" > > In the future you may find more information or responses by posting > future VBA related questions in the following discussion group: > > Web > http://discussion.autodesk.com/forum.jspa?forumID=120 > Newsreader > news://discussion.autodesk.com/autodesk.inventor.customization > > > "chaseling" wrote in message > news:24967376.1082587834571.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > I have made a dialog box that allows file selection, however, the filter I > have is set up for iam files, how can I change this to work for iam AND ipt > files. > > Thanks. > >
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I have a tutorial on Macros on my site. "Macros for Non Programmers" -- Sean Dotson, PE http://www.sdotson.com Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions www.sdotson.com/faq.html ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------ "Gary Cook" wrote in message news:408718c9$1_1@newsprd01... > Wrong forum, I know, but a quick VBA fer dummies question: How do you turn > these code fragments into something you can load, and how do you load them? > Save as *.ivb, and run from there? Documentation's a little vague on the > basic basics. > > TIA. > > "Kent Keller" wrote in message > news:4086fdd4$1_1@newsprd01... > > Sounds like you have made exactly what the example in help shows. This > will > > also give you the dropdown so you can select any file if you want. > > > > oFileDlg.Filter = "Inventor Files (*.iam;*.ipt)|*.iam;*.ipt|All Files > > (*.*)|*.*" > > > > In the future you may find more information or responses by posting > > future VBA related questions in the following discussion group: > > > > Web > > http://discussion.autodesk.com/forum.jspa?forumID=120 > > Newsreader > > news://discussion.autodesk.com/autodesk.inventor.customization > > > > > > "chaseling" wrote in message > > news:24967376.1082587834571.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > > I have made a dialog box that allows file selection, however, the filter > I > > have is set up for iam files, how can I change this to work for iam AND > ipt > > files. > > > Thanks. > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report