Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dfx file import not working with Inventor LT 2011

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
414 Views, 4 Replies

dfx file import not working with Inventor LT 2011

I need to import a .dxf file into a sketch in Inventor LT 2011. I've tried both the import operation available in the Sketch mode and also the File->Open operation, specifying the .dxf file type.

In both cases nothing appears. I've tried several different dxf files, including ones generated by both Inventor LT 2011 and Inventor LT 2012 but nothing ever appears.

The files I'm trying to import load and appear correctly in the Autodesk DWG TrueView program.

I've also tried converting the dxf file into a dwg file, which also opens properly in TrueView but when I try to import that file into a Sketch the same thing happens, ie nothing.

How can I get this import operation to function properly?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

Does the Layers and Objects Import Options dialog box open up or is it missing some functions?

As I recently had a problem in Inventor 2010 with importing drawings where the layer control function disappeared and I couldn't import individual layers. http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Problem-Import-DWG-into-Inventor-Sketch-Layers-unava...

Regards,

Ann Longstaff

Inventor Suite 2010 SP4

Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-bit

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Ann, thanks for the suggestions, it sounds like I do have the same problem you had, no import tool appears and nothing gets imported.

I tried everything mentioned in both the article you put up the link for and also some links in that article itself, ie registering the acctrl control and then also fully uninstalling and re-installing the DWG TrueView tool.

Unfortunately I still have the same problem, nothing happens after the import app.

Anybody else have any suggestions on this, its totally holding me up.

Message 4 of 5
jeffrey.sun

Hi Titchener,

Do you have any other inventor builds installed on the same machine? Such as Inventor 2011, 2012, etc.

If use the command "Application icon | Open | Import DWG" to import the dwg file,

1. Can the import option dialog appear?

2. Is there any error message after click the finish button of the option dialog? If there is, it would be helpful to identify the underlying issue.

If you didn't run LT as administrator before, please have a try to run it as administrator. We can exclude the permission issue by this.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeffrey Sun
SW Engineer
Manufacturing Industry Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jeffrey.sun

Hi Jeffrey-

Thanks for suggestions.

I don't have any other Inventor's currently installed however I didn't install the trial version of Inventor LT 2012 yesterday but I removed it.

Starting Inventor with the "Run as Admininstrator" option fixed the problem, the import works correctly now. I previously tried the suggestion in the link from the other poster to register the speciifed dll with Admin privilege but that didn't do it.

What's the best fix to use for this issue in the long term, I guess I can always start Inventor with Admin privilege but is there a cleaner way to do it?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report