Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detail views

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
KevinPinks7697
543 Views, 5 Replies

Detail views

Sometimes when I try to create a detail view of an isometric view in my IDW, the "detail full boundary" option is greyed out? Why would this be? If I try an ortho view it works fine.

Confused

Kev

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
t_pcoll
in reply to: KevinPinks7697

Hi Kev,

you need to use Smooth Cutout shape for having the Display Full Detail Boundary option enabled. It's disabled for Jagged Cutout shape.

Thanks

Ladislav

Message 3 of 6
t_pcoll
in reply to: t_pcoll

Hi Kev,

I've just noticed the Full Boundary is disabled on Perspective views even for Smooth Cut out fence. It is as designed because in Perspective views the cut edges may not project as circle into the view so the full boundary would not look right.

Thanks

Ladislav

Message 4 of 6
Cadmanto

That makes sense what you are saying, but shouldn't the software be changed so that the detail boundery ascts more like a crop window?  Should this be implemented into an idea?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 6
t_pcoll
in reply to: Cadmanto

Hi Scott,

yes, there are indeed issues with Detail views using perspective camera which would be nice to fix 🙂

Thanks
Ladislav
Message 6 of 6
Cadmanto

Hi Ladislav,

I created an idea to speak to this.

Please feel free to chome in and also cast your kudo support for it.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/Please-Fix-the-Detail-Views-When-used-on-Perspect...

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report