Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detail ID balloon

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Josy05
483 Views, 5 Replies

Detail ID balloon

Hi all,

How can i create a detail identification balloon in the idw's that prompt the user for the detail number and reference? Up to now we have been using sketched symbols balloon but are required to add the text manually as a second step. Is it possible in Inventor to combine this like easily done in Autocad.

Thanks.

Josee Laplante
BIM Drafting Technician

AutoCAD 2016
Inventor Professional 2016
Vault Professional 2016
Revit 2014
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: Josy05

sketched symbols can have prompted text entries in them..

I've tried pointing you to the Autodesk help item on how to create prompted fields but it seems the site is down for me.. A simple google search by you for "autodesk inventor prompted entry" should show you some youtube videos,etc.. on how to make them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 6
Josy05
in reply to: mcgyvr

Good!

How can I acheive this now that I have access to editing templates?

Regards.

Josee Laplante
BIM Drafting Technician

AutoCAD 2016
Vault Professional 2016
Revit 2014
Message 4 of 6
mcgyvr

@Josy05 wrote:

Good!

How can I acheive this now that I have access to editing templates?

Regards.

I assume I edited my first post after you started to reply.. Go back to my first post and then visit google for proper procedure.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 6
Martin_Goodland

Curious as to why you would want to maually imput the ID and reference rather than have Inventor fill in the values using it's built in balloning tool using information from the model BOM ?

Regards

Martin

Inventor 2023
Message 6 of 6
Josy05
in reply to: Martin_Goodland

Martin,

I was not talking about the balloon to identify parts in an assembly, this we use and is very practical. I was refering to architectural reference outside Inventor.

Josee Laplante
BIM Drafting Technician

AutoCAD 2016
Vault Professional 2016
Revit 2014

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report