Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design views and iParts not saving in assembly

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
129 Views, 1 Reply

Design views and iParts not saving in assembly

I've got an assembly that has gone through a number of revisions. During the design process, there were a few design views that were defined, deleted, and replaced by others. Also, I moved the location of an iPart (and instances).

Now when I open the assembly, the design views are always messed up and I'm asked to Resolve the iPart reference. This is ok the first time. But when I fix the errors, save, close the file, then open it again, there are the same problems!

I've tried purging all the files. Is there a way to "clean" files so they will use the current settings only? I'm about to do a Save-As and rebuild, but this is going to be a big hassle (the .idw has already been made as well). If I delete the OldVersions, will this have any effect? TIA
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Is the iPart in a library path or a workgroup path? I seem to remember
there were a few rules specific to iParts regarding project paths, but I
don't remember off hand. I think they were outlined in the white paper
regarding file management that shipped on the R7 & R8 discs.

Josh_Petitt wrote:
> I've got an assembly that has gone through a number of revisions. During the design process, there were a few design views that were defined, deleted, and replaced by others. Also, I moved the location of an iPart (and instances).
>
> Now when I open the assembly, the design views are always messed up and I'm asked to Resolve the iPart reference. This is ok the first time. But when I fix the errors, save, close the file, then open it again, there are the same problems!
>
> I've tried purging all the files. Is there a way to "clean" files so they will use the current settings only? I'm about to do a Save-As and rebuild, but this is going to be a big hassle (the .idw has already been made as well). If I delete the OldVersions, will this have any effect? TIA

--
Hal Gwin
Mechanical Designer
Xenogen

R9 Pro SP2
XP Pro SP2
Dell Precision 650
Dual 2.66 GHz Xeon
3 GB DDR
Quadro4 900 XGL
nVidia 6.14.10.6722 w/registry update
Dell UltraSharp 19" LCD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report