Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design View Representation

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
kschumacher
1220 Views, 8 Replies

Design View Representation

Where did the Design View Representation Icon go in 2012?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
mcgyvr
in reply to: kschumacher

aahh who needs that button Smiley Tongue

I've always accessed design view reps from the node in the model browser.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 9
kschumacher
in reply to: mcgyvr

Old habits are hard to break . . .  "Who dareth to doeth the neweth?" Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 9
mcgyvr

I don't have 2012 but I'm sure you can easily add that panel back.. can you just right click on the ribbon and select panels and check saved views

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 9
kschumacher

Unfortunately, I don't think so, but maybe I'm not doing it right?

(attachment)

Intel Core i7, 920@2.67GHz

Windows 7, 64 Bit, 16 GB RAM

Message 6 of 9

AFAIK, It's no longer in IV2012. I've never used that Icon, prefering instead to access representations from the Model Browser.

A possible reasong for removing the Icon from the ribbon is that Design Views are no longer exclusive to assemblies. They are also present in 2012 IPT files.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 7 of 9
BertOhlig3774

This is a big deal to me since I work in big assemblies. Constently having to hide parts to find my way to the task.

My ribbon does not show "Design View Representations". I have not been able to find it in the commands to customize.

Design Views.JPG

For example if I want to make all visable ,

I need to scroll away from my position in the browser (then need to find my location)

Expand representations

Expand views

Right clickon view

Select all visable

or

Double click on representation if it was locked

If it was locked and you have added parts, they will not be visable.

I get the impression that developers work with simple parts and assemblies and do not have the same appreciation of the impact of agility for a designer.

Message 8 of 9
BertOhlig3774

Still missing something. I added a representation to be sure there was a custom. I can't find representations on my ribbon, I have all panels turned on and I can't find Representations or Show Representations on the customization.

I work with big assemblies, navigating in the browser is a hassle when I am deep in my browser.

Representations add to ribbon.JPG

What am I missing?

Message 9 of 9
jweiss1313
in reply to: BertOhlig3774

Its seems that they have also removed the Design Rep button that used to be located at the top of the browser panel. (See attached image.  I have may users who are upset that this is no longer there.  I do like that Autodesk added design reps in part files, but it would be nice to have this button in both the part and assembly browser panel.  That's just my two cents thrown in and a request to Autodesk to add this back in the next release.

Thanks!

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report