Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design tree

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
28542 Views, 6 Replies

Design tree

This will sound stupid but, how do you get the design tree on the left hand side of the screen back. I closed it by mistake and can't figure out what I have to do to get it back.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mflayler2
in reply to: 41603

On the View Tab there is a User Interface command, hit that and turn back on the Browser. (2010)

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 3 of 7
in reply to: 41603

hey thanks for telling me this, I really appericate it.
Message 4 of 7
ioan.smallwood
in reply to: mflayler2

How do you get the feature tree to highlight a feature when i click on the model (i.e. a fillet in a model), it doesn't tell me which feature in the tree it belongs to, and i have to search for it through the tree (this is infuriating!)

Message 5 of 7

@ioan.smallwood

Welcome to the community..

First thing..  This posting is approx 8 yrs old and really has nothing to do with your issue or needs.  For the future please create your own posting..  Smiley Wink

If you right mouse click on the feature, do you see an option to find in browser?  What Inventor version are you using?  It should be working?  Has it ever worked for you?  What about your graphics card, is the driver up to date?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 6 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: ioan.smallwood

@ioan.smallwood wrote:

How do you get the feature tree to highlight a feature when i click on the model (i.e. a fillet in a model), it doesn't tell me which feature in the tree it belongs to, and i have to search for it through the tree (this is infuriating!)

Your selection filter needs to be set on "select features".. Once that is correct then your features should highlight in the model browser when you select a feature in the graphics window..

The selection filter is located in the top bar (quick access toolbar) as shown in this image..

selection.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 7 of 7
ioan.smallwood
in reply to: mcgyvr

Thanks guys, useful.  I have some more questions, but i'll start a new thread 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report