Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Tree breaks with no changes

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
alan.sanchez
193 Views, 1 Reply

Design Tree breaks with no changes

I'm pretty frustrated right now. I was working on a multibody part and had to make some changes to the reference plane I used to split the parts. This caused the referenced parts to swap breaking everything bellow the split on the design tree. I spent a few hours going through every feature and assigning the correct solid. Everything is back to normal now, however the design tree tends to break a lot. I consider myself to be pretty organized when it comes to the design tree taking care of keeping referenced features together, etc.

I ran an experiment, if I open my part and move the end of part up to about halfway through the design tree, let it rebuild and then without making any changes pull it back down, a whole bunch of features break! This had been happening in the past but I thought it might have been a coincidence. How is it possible to break the design tree without changing a thing?

I cant really share the files I'm working with so I dont expect much help, but has anyone ever had this issue?

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2013
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Cadmanto
in reply to: alan.sanchez

Alan,

I am just trying to understand what you are talking about when you say your design tree broke?  I assume you are talking about the browser.  Can you post some images of this?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report