Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design of gears

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
emaiolino
372 Views, 2 Replies

Design of gears

When generating a pair of gears with the "Design Accelerator", they are generated without "design error":

001.png

But to make the modeling, the teeth appear as "mounted" so it would seem that not work this way.

002.png

It has happened more than once that the result of this section of work makes me doubt its outcome.
Someone knows the solution to this problem?
Thank you very much!

Esteban Maiolino
Titular EMBA Proyectos
Sitio web o nombre del blog
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: emaiolino

The gear generator only creates simplified approximations.
You have to go through a couple of extra steps for more precise toothforms.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-74F53338-78A5-4B21-AB61-D51DB01B489F

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-06A48C0A-62F6-4EBA-9DE0-49E2A13F2B15

Gear Toothforms.PNG

The reason for this is to keep the model simplified similar to the creation of cosmetic threads - the assumption is the gears will be purchased off-the-shelf and complex geometry is not really needed.  If you are going to manufacture the gears yourself and need precise geometry a bit more work is required.

If you are going to 3D print gears - allow even more clearance since the 3D printing processes are not particularly precise.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
emaiolino
in reply to: JDMather

Dear JDMather,
Thank you very much for your reply!
It is precisely the procedure that I made into an opportunity, but I thought there was something more direct.
Again, thank you very much!

Esteban Maiolino
Titular EMBA Proyectos
Sitio web o nombre del blog
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report