Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Decelerator Revisited

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
samolet4e
260 Views, 1 Reply

Design Decelerator Revisited

Hello!

I am a complete novice to the Inventor which is why I am writing this post to ask a simple (hopefully) question. Is there a way to edit a shaft through non-standard features created on my own? The shaft is initially made by means of the design accelerator. I have attached a GIF animation the problem is depicted on. On one side of the shaft I extruded a groove which in turn dissappeared in misterious way while I was moving the shaft afterwards. The groove sketch itself has at least one element with fixed constraint.
What to do in order to avoid this? Having made the same extrusion within a part file (i.e. a shaft made through revolving a sketch instead), everything goes OK. The Inventor version is 2010.
Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
JDMather
in reply to: samolet4e

Attach the file(s) here.
I can't tell much from the animation - but it looks like a fundamental mistake in how assembly level features are used.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report