Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Assistant...How Do I Love Thee!!!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
backerman
209 Views, 2 Replies

Design Assistant...How Do I Love Thee!!!

Are you kidding me? Can it possibly be slower than Inventor in opening assembly files? YES. Oh, and it's so intuitive...NOT. Can I search where a file is used before I change it's name? You better...but you better go get lunch if you want it to search for drawings, assys, or presentations where the part might be used. Am I better off just changing the filename and then resolving everything manually? You bet! No wonder it's a freebie!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: backerman

You think that's bad! I just found out DA doesn't understand the concept of file recursion. If I have a part with a derived part inside of it with the same name DA freaks out.
Message 3 of 3
JBonham
in reply to: backerman

I totally agree. (inapropriate language removed by moderator) A dumbed down version of Synergis Adept would be better than these two hack jobs. According to people on here: "the vault isn't a PDM tool." Maybe you folks should read the marketing pdfs because it sure sounds like Autodesk is pitching it as one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report