Open the attached file 207665-124.ipt. Notice how their is only one Solid Body, but the iam needs to be updated because the user added one more part to the assembly. As soon as it updates now instead of one Solid Body I have 2. I don't want 2 and this is not typical. Even if I derive the 207665-120 into a brand new part file, it is only one body. What is causing this to seperate into 2 bodies? I tried to re-create this from scratch and can't, but he has several files like this that need updates and the 2 bodies causes problems with the holes.
I see the same behavior on my machine with Inventor 2012 SP1.
After updating the derived part you have two solids.
But it seems that you can fix it:
1. Update your derived part
2. Edit the derived part feature ("Edit derives assembly" in the browser)
3. In the dialog switch to derive style "Maintain each solid as a solid body"
4. Leave the dialog with OK.
--> Now you have multiple bodies
5. Edit derived feature again
6. Switch back to the derived style "Single solid body merging out seams between planar faces"
7. Leave the dialog with OK.
--> Now you have only one solid body.
Please let me if this workflow fixed the issue on your side.
Please use the button "Accept as Solution" in that case.
I checked this also with Inventor 2013 and the issue is gone. In 2013 you can update and you will see only body.
If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!
Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.