Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependent file must be saved before they can be checked in?

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
3370 Views, 12 Replies

Dependent file must be saved before they can be checked in?

I have been trying to check in a large assembly all morning. It takes a while to save it. After its saved all the cirlces next to the file names are either white or green. When I try to check it in I get the , "(1) dependent file must be saved before they can be checked in", "Save and Continue". I hit "YES"  and still nothing gets checked in. I have tried drilling down into the subassemblies (children) and still cannot find anything in red. How do I get to the bottom of which file needs to be saved so I can check this file in?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
cbenner
in reply to: Anonymous

Click on save and when the dialog box opens, select "Yes to All".  It may be something you wouldn't even suspect that needs to be saved or migrated.... could even be a CC part.  If it prompts you to check something out just hit Yes to All again.  I know, you shouldn't have to check out CC parts you haven't modified,... but this usually works for me.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: cbenner

I am not getting the "SAVE ALL" option box. Its greyed out, not an option?

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

I did see it, but it was greyed out. In other words It was not available for me to click?

Message 6 of 13
cbenner
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

The problem seems to be that I cannot click the "Yes To All" button. See Below.

untitled.JPG

Message 8 of 13
cbenner

Have you tried scrolling through that dialog box to see of there are any non-library parts that say "NO", that you cab change to "YES"?   Admittedly reaching now....

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous

I have scrolled thru, I found some files that are listed as "Cannot change, not the owner". Although all of these files show as a white circle, indicating they are the same as what is in the vault? Not sure why they would need saving. I am in the process of removing the "Cannot Change" for these files. I suspect this is the problem. I will post the results.

Message 10 of 13
Anonymous

Seems like the files that I was " Not the owener off" were the problems. I removed the ownerships and after a few saves and migrations I was able to check the file in.

Message 11 of 13
iamerm

@cbenner wrote:

Click on save and when the dialog box opens, select "Yes to All".  It may be something you wouldn't even suspect that needs to be saved or migrated.... could even be a CC part.  If it prompts you to check something out just hit Yes to All again.  I know, you shouldn't have to check out CC parts you haven't modified,... but this usually works for me.

I've been having this problem a lot lately.  It seems to happen after I've performed a copy design of a large assembly, & then I create a drawing of that assembly.  When I try to check in the new drawing, I frequently get this error.

I can't prove this yet, but I suspect the problem lies with Content Center parts that have not been migrated to the latest version.  Your suggestion above seems to solve this - thanks for the input!

It would be REALLY nice if Vault would somehow identify the offending parts.  It would save many users a lot of time messing with this issue.

Message 12 of 13
Steve_Bahr
in reply to: iamerm

It would be REALLY nice if Vault would somehow identify the offending parts.  It would save many users a lot of time messing with this issue.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  Remove the ambiguity from the messages we all know and love?!?!?  Whatever would we do with the extra time?

FYI, SWx messages are just as ambiguous, so I'm not picking on AD.

Steve Bahr...since 1962.
in reply to: iamerm

I am not using Content Center, so that a possible prepetrater of my problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report