Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEMOTE PARTS TO CREATE SUB ASSEMBLY WILL NOT WORK INVENTOR 2014 PROFESSIONAL

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
5777 Views, 6 Replies

DEMOTE PARTS TO CREATE SUB ASSEMBLY WILL NOT WORK INVENTOR 2014 PROFESSIONAL

I am building a large assembly that includes parts from the content center. When I go to demote some of the parts to create an assembly from them it will not allow me when I include certain parts form the content center. The parts it will not allow are Parker ball valves and an ANSI/ASME B16.15 Outside Head Bushing. It allows all other content center parts. I dont think I have to say how bad this sucks. I hope there is a fix that Autodesk can provide.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
-niels-
in reply to: Anonymous

Question: do you use tube&pipe?
Or rather, do those content center parts show the tube&pipe icon (tee instead of book)?

The tube&pipe CC parts won't demote, but you can copy/paste them to make them "normal" CC parts which should be able to demote.
You'll have to reconstrain them though, so not a quick fix.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

I have not used the tube and pipe yet. I just insert them into the assembly form the contant center. It only does this with certain parts as I posted.

Message 4 of 7
pball

I have ran into this same issue before, even created a thread about it. I don't think my thread ever got any replies.

Whenever i've ran into this issue I just copied and pasted the parts into the sub assembly and reconstrained them. Not really a good solution but some times it's easier to just do that than screw around looking for a proper fix.

Message 5 of 7
-niels-

Ok, but it's still possible they get inserted as tube&pipe CC parts.
You can recognize those by the icon shaped like a Tee.

If you don't use the tube&pipe module, it might be better to turn off that addin so all CC parts get inserted normally.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 6 of 7
DeerSpotter

Very easy, select the parts you want to then on your keyboard select TAB. That will give you the menu you are looking for.

Good Luck 🙂

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
..........................................................................................................................
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
..........................................................................................................................

See My LinkedIn Profile
Message 7 of 7
BT_DESIGNs

I found that demote doesn't work when you use "Part Priority". Hold "Shift + righ click with mouse" and choose "Component Priority" then try again. Hope this helps.

Using Inventor 2015.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report