Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting view = crash to desktop

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
mslosar
743 Views, 10 Replies

Deleting view = crash to desktop

Anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

We do run custom titleblocks, but it happens with the standard Autodesk one as well.

Regardless of size or complexity, deleting a view off of a drawing sheet (idw) causes inventor 2013 to crash to the desktop.

Error filed CER_100006606 

Windows 7 64bit

24GB

Xeon X5667

Inventor 2013 SP2 update 1 (i know it's a bit outdated but getting updated is like pulling teeth and no one else has the problem using the same version)

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
johnsonshiue
in reply to: mslosar

Hi! I have located the crash report you submitted. It seems to be graphics related but I am not 100% sure. Could you try the following and see if it makes a difference?

1) Start Inventor.

2) Go to Tools -> Application Options -> Hardware -> select Compatibility mode -> OK.

3) Perform the workflow used to crash.

Does it still crash?

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 11
mslosar
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Changed it to compatibility, restarted inventor, created a new sheet, put a view on it, deleted it, crashed to desktop.

Just to mention, this machine has been configure this way at least a year and there weren't any issues of this sort until maybe 2 weeks ago. The only updates in that time have been older microsoft updates and flash updates that come pre-approved from IT...Video driver has not been updated nor has inventor.

Message 4 of 11
johnsonshiue

Hi! Then it does not seem to be graphics related then. Could you post a drawing file exhibiting the behavior here or send it to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)?

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 11
mslosar

I will, but I don't know good it'll do. There are others here in the office with the same physical and software configuration and they don't have the issue. Gimme a couple minutes...
Message 6 of 11
mslosar

This is just the default English/Ansi template. I used this, and stuck a simple cylinder on the page. Selected the view and hit delete and it crashed.

The ONLY thing i can think of i did to inventer was back in June and we updated Vault Basic 2013 to the SP1/Update 2 (i think) to make it .NET 4.5 compatible. That's it. But, we did it to everyone and they don't have this issue.

Message 7 of 11
johnsonshiue

Hi! As you suspected earlier, I cannot reproduce the crash either. Do you have "Enable background updates" enabled (Tools -> Application Options -> Drawing -> at the bottom of the dialog)? Does it help if you turn off the option?

Thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 8 of 11
mslosar

I turned it off, but no change.

I'm hoping when they get around to updating me to update 4 that that'll act as a near re-install and fix it. If not, i think i'll try to update the video driver before wiping and re-installing and re-updating inventor. Sucky part is i'm at the mercy of IT getting to me 😞

Message 9 of 11
mslosar

Finally got my updates.

Now running 2013 SP2 Update 6
Currently MS Hardware Supported driver for my Quadro 4000

Problem persists - when running as a normal user
Seems to work fine when running as a local admin

In addition to all the above, we've now also tried a brand new profile which did not make a difference.

Still trying to figure out what deleting a view (or now creating a section) has to do with user rights at all. Makes no sense whatsoever.
Message 10 of 11
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi mslosar,

I just skimmed though this thread, so I might have missed something, but I did see where you mentioned an Adobe Flash update.

I had a user last week that was having similar crash issues that started all of the sudden, and then we noticed a recent Adobe Flash Player update. Uninstalling that update resolved the issue. Our case wasn't exactly the same as yours, but I thought I would mention it, in case it helps.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 11 of 11
mslosar
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

I've finally traced the problem to it's source. It's a custom combobox i created to switch style standards. I've no idea why it causes the crash, but it does. Going to re-post in the customization group since that's where it should be for this type of issue.

Thanks 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report