Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting tube & pipe parts from an assembly

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
peterjennings5416
1572 Views, 8 Replies

Deleting tube & pipe parts from an assembly

Hi,

I have an assembly to which I have added some tube & pipe fittings from the content center.

I have a swivel elbow that I no longer require in the assembly but I am unable to delete it.  This applies to all of the tube & pipe fittings within the assembly, not just this elbow.

I have attached a screen dump that may affer guidance.

Any suggestions from anyone?

Thanks,

Pete

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
cbenner
in reply to: peterjennings5416

Not saying this will work, because I don't know how you put them in, but try right clicking on the fitting, and see if your menu has "Restore Fitting" on it.  Click that and see what happens.  In some instances where we have had that same issue, this has worked for us.

Message 3 of 9

Unfortunately there is no such option in the right click menu.

The parts were placed directly into the assembly from the content center.  I have tried to replace the pipe fittings with another part from the content centre using the 'replace from content center' command but get a warning window pop up stating 'Can't replace conduit parts'.

Pete

Message 4 of 9
cbenner

I've run into this in the past where we had no options available.  Unfortunately, after asking the same question in this forum, the only last resort I found was to delte the entire pipeline, and re-create it.  If anyone else has any suggestions, I'm open to them.  This sounds like a last ditch solution to me.

Message 5 of 9
peterjennings5416
in reply to: cbenner

I'm sure I read a thread a while back which mentioned running a macro that then allows you to delete these parts.  I can't seem to find this thread now though.

Looks like for now there is no quick answer.  Thanks for your help.

Pete

Message 6 of 9
blair

I'm not sure if the Promote/Demote will work in this case to move the fitting from the Tube/Pipe sub-assembly into the main assembly

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 9

I've already looked at that possibility but unfortunately the options are greyed out in RMB menu.  Thanks anyway.

We haven't upgraded to IV2011 yet and are still running on IV2010.  Is this something that has been resolved in the latest release?

Pete

Message 8 of 9

OK, I have a solution that works for my current situation and hopefully for all other cases.

Inventor Help says the following about deleting conduit parts:

'In populated rigid runs, default couplings, placed fittings, and conduit parts can be deleted, but default directional fittings cannot'

So it was the 90 degree elbow I couldn't delete due to it being a 'directional fitting'.  I used the 'Replace from Content Centre' command to replace this fitting with a non-directional conduit fitting and this I was able to delete.

Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9

Old post I know - but can someone try this if not already common knowledge:

Try replacing the rogue fittings (the earlier versions of however many there are) with a small assembly (parts don't work). You can then delete the assembly. No idea why this would work instead of a part but worked for me, was getting bored of deleting runs that had to be changed, and stumbled on this by accident....

Hope it works for you.....

Inventor Routed Systems 2011

Win7 x64

Product Design Suite Ultimate 2013
Win7 x64
Dell Precision T7400
Xeon X5460 @ 3.16GHz
8GB RAM
Quadro FX 1700 512MB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report