Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defraging

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
135 Views, 3 Replies

Defraging

About a year ago I defragged my computer and couldn't start Inventor afterward. I have XP so I restored my previous settings. I need to defrag again, and I am afraid to. Are there any things that I can do without jeopardizing my Inventor? As usual, I need your help. Les Edwards
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I use Diskeeper a couple of times a week and have done for years. It has never had bad any effect in IV. I would avoid using System Mechanic et al. where there is a combination of registry cleaning, defragging and other things combined. Some of the registry cleaners are doubtful and I have been burned although Registry Mechanic seems to work. Any work on the registry should be done with care :-) rgds -- IV 9 / AIP 9 Finnur P. Frodason HP X4000 - dual Xeon 2.4 XP Pro SP 2 - 2GB mem Nvidia Quadro 4 980 "Les Edwards" wrote in message news:41942446_3@newsprd01... > About a year ago I defragged my computer and couldn't start Inventor > afterward. I have XP so I restored my previous settings. I need to > defrag again, and I am afraid to. Are there any things that I can do > without jeopardizing my Inventor? As usual, I need your help. > > Les Edwards > >
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I have used both the built in defragging in XP and the defragging from Symantec. I haven't had any problems with Inventor launching afterward. I have even stopped both defraggers mid process without problems (except you can end up with a more fragmented HD). Les Edwards wrote: >About a year ago I defragged my computer and couldn't start Inventor >afterward. I have XP so I restored my previous settings. I need to defrag >again, and I am afraid to. Are there any things that I can do without >jeopardizing my Inventor? As usual, I need your help. > >Les Edwards > > > >
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I have used the Windows defragger every 3 or 4 months and have not had any problems.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report