Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

*Les Edwards
Message 1 of 4 (43 Views)

Defraging

43 Views, 3 Replies
11-11-2004 06:47 PM
About a year ago I defragged my computer and couldn't start Inventor afterward. I have XP so I restored my previous settings. I need to defrag again, and I am afraid to. Are there any things that I can do without jeopardizing my Inventor? As usual, I need your help. Les Edwards
*Finnur P. Frodason
Message 2 of 4 (43 Views)

Re: Defraging

11-12-2004 12:21 AM in reply to: *Les Edwards
I use Diskeeper a couple of times a week and have done for years. It has never had bad any effect in IV. I would avoid using System Mechanic et al. where there is a combination of registry cleaning, defragging and other things combined. Some of the registry cleaners are doubtful and I have been burned although Registry Mechanic seems to work. Any work on the registry should be done with care :-) rgds -- IV 9 / AIP 9 Finnur P. Frodason HP X4000 - dual Xeon 2.4 XP Pro SP 2 - 2GB mem Nvidia Quadro 4 980 "Les Edwards" wrote in message news:41942446_3@newsprd01... > About a year ago I defragged my computer and couldn't start Inventor > afterward. I have XP so I restored my previous settings. I need to > defrag again, and I am afraid to. Are there any things that I can do > without jeopardizing my Inventor? As usual, I need your help. > > Les Edwards > >
*cbliss
Message 3 of 4 (43 Views)

11-12-2004 07:39 AM in reply to: *Les Edwards
I have used both the built in defragging in XP and the defragging from Symantec. I haven't had any problems with Inventor launching afterward. I have even stopped both defraggers mid process without problems (except you can end up with a more fragmented HD). Les Edwards wrote: >About a year ago I defragged my computer and couldn't start Inventor >afterward. I have XP so I restored my previous settings. I need to defrag >again, and I am afraid to. Are there any things that I can do without >jeopardizing my Inventor? As usual, I need your help. > >Les Edwards > > > >
Distinguished Contributor
JDMATHER
Message 4 of 4 (43 Views)

11-12-2004 07:47 AM in reply to: *Les Edwards
I have used the Windows defragger every 3 or 4 months and have not had any problems.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.