Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defaults for Inventor Content Center unit of measures

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
pgamber
395 Views, 1 Reply

Defaults for Inventor Content Center unit of measures

Hi. we are currently using desktop content option. We have the desktop content libraries installed on a network drive..

When we place a pipe elbow for example we save a copy manually and place it in a standard parts location with all the necessary part information, costing, etc. we may have 14 different socket weld elbows of the same size in the library due to material differences, country of origin requirements, etc.

when we save pipe, tube, or structural shapes, channel, etc. they get saved into the project/assembly folder. as each project will have many different lenghts etc.

for 5 years we have left the default unit measure for placed parts from the content center as "inch" we would like to switch to "feet" as the engineers order that stuff by foot and not by inch...

if i place all the parts i can edit the UM once the part is placed and change it foot, and my cut list and parts list update according correct.

is there a way to change the default UM in the standard desktop content libraries to FEET and not Inch.....without creating user libraries?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
4donwan4
in reply to: pgamber

For the standard libraries there does not seem to be an option for this. Maybe possible through some custom mappings for catagories but not sure if that is even possible.

Don

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report