Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Template Units - Setting stored where?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
hans.martin.haga
480 Views, 6 Replies

Default Template Units - Setting stored where?

Where is the configuration for the Default Template Measurement units stored? Have tried creating an application options file, but on the clients this setting is not read/stored (still set to inches after import).

Is this setting stored in the registry? Where?

...and why does Inventor default to a non metric measurement unit? Smiley Tongue

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Cadmanto
in reply to: hans.martin.haga

My understanding is these settings are controlled in the styles editor.  Where you can have more then one standard established with different units settings.  Then these styles are controlled (location) by the master project file.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

You can configure the default templates for the drawing standard and default unit from the Welcome Screen at startup.

Message 4 of 7
hans.martin.haga
in reply to: Cadmanto

I know how to set this in Application Options, and how to establish a set of template files with metric settings.

However, after importing application options from a file, settings for the default template units are not set/changed.

This does not seem to affect creating new files, as the correct metric template files are used.

I am, however, concerned that the template units settings are used for other purposes in Inventor as well? 

Message 5 of 7
SBix26

Drawing template?  Part?  Assembly?  But if I understand your question correctly, you're asking about the setting that controls which set of templates is available, which you set by clicking on the Configure Default Templates... button on the File tab in App Options (or the same button in the Welcome! box).

I don't know whether that option is actually stored anywhere.  The effect it has is to switch which set of templates is placed in the Templates folder, which then become the Standard choices that you have.  Both sets (Inch & Metric) are kept in subfolders under the Templates folder, and are swapped into the top folder when the setting is changed.

Our templates are customized, so we never touch that button.

Message 6 of 7
hans.martin.haga
in reply to: SBix26

Template files for all new files, not only drawings. Sorry.

Everything is ok, metric files are used. Only thing is that the dialog box shows inches and bsi, even though we have changed it to metric and iso on the computer we exported the application options from.

Message 7 of 7
SBix26

I think that you will need to change it individually on every computer (or during the installation).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report