Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default hole function

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
pkee
237 Views, 2 Replies

Default hole function

Hi

When I create an M3 countersunk hole, for an ISO 2009/7046 flat head screw, the default diameter of the c'sunk hole is Ø6.3mm

Is there a way to make this default be Ø7.0mm?

Thanks

PKee

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dlmsdm1
in reply to: pkee

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Design Data\XLS\en-US

I would suggest making a copy before modifing to another location outside current path (ie..desktop) as a back-up.Capture.JPG

Message 3 of 3
Paul-Mason
in reply to: pkee

What type of counter sunk screw head are you intending to use ?

The cross-head and slot-head, as can be seen in the attached PDF have different proportions for the diameter of the head, one being 2D the other being 1.75D

Also from the just about all the available charts the CSK diameter is correct, in that it actually allows the head to be about 0.5mm below a flat surface

The easiest way to do what you want is to create the threaded hole then create a sketch to be a revolved cut to the diameter you want, then edit the hole note in any IDW/DWG.

Either option that you take ether altering the xls file or the revolved cut both involve some extra work. If this is a one off I'd go with the revolved cut but if your wanting this as a permanent change then go with altering the xls file.

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report