Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default hatch angles are strange in section views in Inventor 2012

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jharris
486 Views, 1 Reply

Default hatch angles are strange in section views in Inventor 2012

Man, I love section views.  I like tweaking my hatch patterns even more.  But, I've noticed something weird with the default angles that Inventor assigns the hatch patterns.

Let's say I section an assembly with 4 parts.  Each part has a different hatch pattern angle -- lets say 30, 45, 60 and 135. But, the default angles supplied by Inventor have these big mantissas following the decimal.  So, it's not 135 degrees, it's 135.00021045915 degrees.  Similarly, 60 degrees is 59.999977780745, and 30 degrees is 30.000022219255.

Surely that level of precision is not intended.  I know these angles are close to what I'm after, but it seems sloppy to give me a hatch angle with 11 places of precision, when 0 will do.

Is there anyway I can, by default, truncate or round those angles to the nearest whole degree?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
coreyparks
in reply to: jharris

No offense intended here but the term "****" comes to mind.  I have seen the same thing with no way to change it other than manually for every hatch pattern.  I usually just leave them be unless the hatch looks really ugly, then I will tweak it.

I can't believe they bleeped me!  The term I used is valid and was not derogatory in any way.   replace "****"  with "a n a l"

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report