Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decal Res. Question

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
spiderfan
509 Views, 9 Replies

Decal Res. Question

I made a decal in PhotoShop and set it to 300 dpi. I applied the decal and the resolution is totally messed up. Any idea what I did wrong? I've attached a .JPG of the part and the decal as it is supposed to look.

Thanks,

comby
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
JDMather
in reply to: spiderfan

Put the image into a Word doc and then use the doc for the Decal. Don't ask me why.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
spiderfan

Thanks for the tip.

comby
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

My guess is that the image is not at 300 DPI. Can you post the image and the
zipped part?

--
Dennis Jeffrey, Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert
Autodesk Manufacturing Implementation Certified Expert.
Instructor/Author/Sr. App Engr.
AIP 2008 SP2, AIP 2009 PcCillin AV
HP zv5000 AMD64 2GB
Geforce Go 440, Driver: .8185
XP Pro SP2, Windows XP Silver Theme
http://teknigroup.com
wrote in message news:5995299@discussion.autodesk.com...
I made a decal in PhotoShop and set it to 300 dpi. I applied the decal and
the resolution is totally messed up. Any idea what I did wrong? I've
attached a .JPG of the part and the decal as it is supposed to look.

Thanks,

comby
Message 5 of 10
Josh_Petitt

if you render this, does it look okay?
Message 6 of 10
spiderfan

I tried to render the part, but got the same results. I've attached a .JPG of the part and the decal after taking Mr. Mather's suggestion.

comby
Message 7 of 10
JDMather

You might turn off Edge Display if all you need is a screen capture. Tools>Application Options>Display tab Active Edges.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 8 of 10
jamesluntz

I think this stated problem was solved, but I thought I might be able to help folks who find this thread from another blurry image issue instead of creating a new thread.

I had a model with a decal based from a bmp file that looked satisfactory, but the drawing was quite blurry. Nothing I tried (including messing with the model as suggested above) helped the view in the drawing which was from a previous version of inventor. The only thing I was able to figure out was to create a completely new drawing file (in 2010 format).

Message 9 of 10
mcgyvr
in reply to: jamesluntz

@jamesluntz wrote:

I think this stated problem was solved, but I thought I might be able to help folks who find this thread from another blurry image issue instead of creating a new thread.

I had a model with a decal based from a bmp file that looked satisfactory, but the drawing was quite blurry. Nothing I tried (including messing with the model as suggested above) helped the view in the drawing which was from a previous version of inventor. The only thing I was able to figure out was to create a completely new drawing file (in 2010 format).

With the drawing open..Go to..tools..document settings.. Drawing tab.. in the "shaded views" section change "use bitmap" to "offline only" then you can also change the bitmap resolution there too.

That should fix it.

I have my drawing template set to "offline only" and 100 DPI so its always set like that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 10 of 10
jamesluntz

With the drawing open..Go to..tools..document settings.. Drawing tab.. in the "shaded views" section change "use bitmap" to "offline only" then you can also change the bitmap resolution there too.

That should fix it.

yep. that was it! Thanks a bunch - this certainly is much more elegant than what I came up with. 

JL

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report