Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear Mr. Website Administrator,

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
trumpy81
422 Views, 7 Replies

There's a little menu that lives over there (Options) --->

In Firefox 12 and 13 that little menu is not working properly for me. I was wondering if you could take a look at it please.

In Firefox, the menu won't stay open long enough for you to make a selection. I have to click and then drag the link into the menu before I can use it.

This problem does not appear in IE 9.

I'm not sure if this is a problem with Firefox or with the javascript behind the menu?

TIA.

Regards
Andy M
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2013 Pro SP1.1, Win7 Pro - 64Bit - SP1, Intel i7 960 @ 3.333 GHz
Asus X58 Sabertooth, Corsair 12Gig DDR3, AMD Radeon HD6970, Samsung 830 Series 256G SSD, 2x 3TB Seagate, 2x 2TB Hitachi,
1x 1TB Samsung, 4 x 2TB Seagate in Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Dual Asus VE278Q Monitors
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Cadmanto
in reply to: trumpy81

Andy,

I am using Firefox 13 and it is working fine for me.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 8
trumpy81
in reply to: Cadmanto

Scott, that's not what I wanted to hear ... Smiley Very Happy

I thought it was strange, because I had an issue with javascript that ran on my bank's website. Turned out that I had an option turned on that should have been off, but I checked and it's still turned off. I haven't changed anything in Firefox for eons now so I don't know what has changed.

Looks like I will have to hit the logs afterall Smiley Sad

Regards
Andy M
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2013 Pro SP1.1, Win7 Pro - 64Bit - SP1, Intel i7 960 @ 3.333 GHz
Asus X58 Sabertooth, Corsair 12Gig DDR3, AMD Radeon HD6970, Samsung 830 Series 256G SSD, 2x 3TB Seagate, 2x 2TB Hitachi,
1x 1TB Samsung, 4 x 2TB Seagate in Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Dual Asus VE278Q Monitors
Message 4 of 8
Cadmanto

Sorry to have burst your bubble!!!  Smiley Tongue

Maybe a simple reboot of the old PC will help.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 8
trumpy81
in reply to: Cadmanto

If only it was that simple ... Smiley Very Happy

I tried running in safe mode before I made this post and the computer has been rebooted many times between installing 12 and then 13.

I guess there must be a problem with the install somewhere, time to hit the logs Smiley Sad

Regards
Andy M
Message 6 of 8
ampster402

not what you want to hear, but it worked in FF12 and with the just applied update to 13 it still works.

Also there's another forum which this might be better suited to post in,

the discussion groups feedback forum

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Discussion-Groups/bd-p/3011

good luck!

Message 7 of 8
trumpy81
in reply to: ampster402

Thanks Ampster, the problem has been resolved. I needed to create a new Profile in Firefox and delete the troublesome profile, which meant I had to redo some of my customizations, but all is working correctly now and I'm a happy camper again Smiley Very Happy

EDIT: Darn it, no sooner do I get things working and now I find they have broken again. It must be an add-on causing the problem or the SSL certificate which is reporting invalid info. Back to the logs Smiley Sad

Regards
Andy M
Message 8 of 8
trumpy81

I have reinstalled Firefox, created a new profile redone all the customizations in Firefox and the options menu works!

Until I sign in.

It appears that for some reason the site certificate is not being recognised by Firefox. If I override Firefox's blocking of the site and log in, then and only then, do I see the problem with the options menu.

I will hit the Firefox forums and see if I can find out what the certificate problem is all about.

Regards
Andy M

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report