Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database schema

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1892 Views, 5 Replies

Database schema

Has anybody run across this error when trying to up any type of Inventor file..?

"Database schema for file is (17.0(Build 170095000,95)),which is newer than this version (16.0(Build 160160000, 160)) of the software"

looking for fix, please help!! Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The file you are trying to open is from a newer version,

which can't be done, unless you export to a different file type..ex.. step or iges, then import those into the version you have...

Message 3 of 6
ToddJAllen
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

We recently upgraded our Vault from 2012 to 2014, but have held off on upgrading the users' Inventor software to 2014 (also 2012 currently) for the time being.  Opening native Inventor files from the Vault has not been a problem, as they were created using Inventor 2012.  However I do receive the following error when attempting to open a .STP file:

Database schema for file is (18.0 (Build 180130000, 130)), which is newer than this version (16.0 SP2 (Build 160219200, 219)) of the software

This occurs regardless of whether the .STP file is being accessed from Vault or from a local folder, but just started occurring when we upgraded our Vault, which as I understand it shouldn't make a difference in how Inventor imports an .STP file.  

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance for any help!

Message 4 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: ToddJAllen

When opening a neutral format file like STEP, Inventor uses the default Standard(*).ipt template files.

It sounds like it is pointing to the path of the newer version template files.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 6
ToddJAllen
in reply to: JDMather

Our templates are unchanged from what we've been using and are not stored in Vault.

The problem appears to stem from whether or not I'm using a Vault project file at the time.  If I change to "Defualt.ipj" for example, I can import the file with no problem.  From there I can save as an .ipt (2012), and can open it without error when I go back to using my Vault project file.

So apparently there's a difference between Vault and local Database schemas?

Message 6 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: ToddJAllen

@ToddJAllen wrote:

The problem appears to stem from whether or not I'm using a Vault project file at the time.  

Post screenshot of the Vault project *.ipj showing template path.

Post screenshot of iProperties of standard.ipt that path is pointing to.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report