Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Darwing Custom Propriety edit

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
256 Views, 2 Replies

Darwing Custom Propriety edit

Hi all,

A client sent a drawing template which has some cutom proprieties which are autofilled using info from assembly/part showed on drawing. The problem is that mass is calculated in grammes, for a ~6 tonn construction, it's kind of too precise 🙂 . I wanted to find these iProps. and edit them, but can't. Nothing in iLogic browser, in functions... i don't know where to find them.

Plus I need the mass to be calculated using only first number after comma (when measuring in kg).

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jalger
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Euengutol,

You can change the measurement of weight in Tools > Options > Document Settings.

Once in the document settings window go to the Units Tab and you can Change the "Mass" you have 4 options (lbsmass, Slugs, Grams, and Kilograms).

You can do this in the part, assembly or drawing environment. Not sure which would be better, which ever you choose, you would need to limit the Significant digits from a mapped weight variable on the drawing. (Text that pulls in the property for your titleblock or just on the page).

I hope this helps,

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: jalger

Sorry for a late answer.

I couldn't find smth about units proprieties in drawing enviroment. Moddeling enviroment uses only kilograms so there is everything ok.

I asked coworkers about that propriety( why we should use it) and they said that this mass calculation uses numbers written in part list (there are shown kilo's)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report