Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cutting Legs Into Bottom of Table While Keeping Legs As A Solid After The Cut

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
inventabuild
290 Views, 4 Replies

Cutting Legs Into Bottom of Table While Keeping Legs As A Solid After The Cut

I tried cutting the legs into the bottom of the table (Extrusion 11 in the attached file) and keeping the legs as a solid after the cut by checking "Keep Toolbody", but the legs disappeard from the gui after the cut.  By the way the legs are sketched onto the top portion of the table (Extrusion 1).  How do I make the leg cuts into the bottom of the table while keeping the legs as a solid in the gui after the cut?  Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
blair
in reply to: inventabuild

Good question, not really sure that I follow your work flow on this, Wouldn't a IAM be a better representation of this model. You use the Rectangular pattern on the table top face, you could use it for the legs as well. The legs could be simplified by by a simple Extrusion cut from the end to the base or when you extruded them, just extrude them as a hollow square tube and then pattern them. I suspect the issue is with the Shell of the legs.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 5
PaulMunford

Did you use the Boolean tool? If so, the tool body is still there, it's just invisible.

Autodesk Industry Marketing Manager UK D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Message 4 of 5
rdyson

Works for me, just have to unhide the legs in the solid bodies folder.

There will be lumps left in the Table bottom, use delete face with the lump option to remove them.

PDSU 2016
Message 5 of 5
inventabuild
in reply to: rdyson

Thank you for elaborating on the solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report